KMPlayer is undoubtedly one among the best free media players available today. The Player can be downloaded for free from the official KMPlayer website.
We download videos in different file formats from the web. It can play almost any media file irrespective of the format. In short, KMPlayer is the only media player that you need to install to play any file format. But there is a catch.
Free comes with conditions. There is nothing much to be annoyed about except the ads. Advertisements can be avoided if it isn’t much annoying or takes only a small area or when it is displayed less frequently.
KMPlayer has ads on the sidebar which are displayed everytime when the application is launched. If you are viewing some tutorials downloaded in your computer, you might want to close the player after the end of a file and play the next file by double-clicking it. This surely triggers the ads, since the application is re-launched.
Here, we’ll walk you through some steps to disable KMPlayers ads easily.
Steps to Remove KMPlayer Ads
1. Go to Windows search and type Control Panel. Click on Control Panel to open it.
2. Select Network and Internet.
3. Click on Internet Options
4. You will see a screen similar to the one shown below. Click on the Security tab and select Restricted Sites. Then click Sites.
5. Type the following URLs in the space provided and click Add to add them to the restricted sites list.
cdn.pandora.tv player.kmpmedia.net cdn.kmplayer.com log.kmplayer.com
Click Close and Run the KMPlayer application. You can see that the KMPlayer ads are gone.
Alternative Methods To Remove KMPlayer Ads
1 Search for Notepad in the Windows search. Right click on Notepad and select Run as Administrator
2. Select File –> Open
3. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc where C is your root disk or where the Windows OS is installed. Alternatively, you can navigate easily to the mentioned folder by editing and copy-pasting the path as shown in the picture below.
Also, select All Files to see any file in the directory.
4. Select the hosts file and click open. Now add the following lines at the bottom of the text file and click save.
127.0.0.1 player.kmpmedia.net 127.0.0.1 log.kmplayer.com 127.0.0.1 cdn.kmplayer.com 127.0.0.1 cdn.pandora.tv
5. Close all Windows and run KMPlayer. You can see the KMPlayer ads has been removed.
Method 2 to Remove KMP Ads
- Open Internet Explorer and select Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab and select Restricted Sites. Click on Sites.
- Add these URLs in the space provided. The list of URLs is provided above for easy copy and paste.