Removing Ads from uTorrent and BitTorrent is not as difficult as using this software with Ads. There are various torrent clients available on the internet and uTorrent and BitTorrent are the first names that
There are both free and paid versions available to download. Free version contains really annoying ads and lacks some features which are not really needed for normal users while Paid version is ad-free and contains those features which free version lacks.
Generally, Ads can be tolerated to an extent if it doesn’t affect the normal working of the software. But in the case of uTorrent and BitTorrent, the case is different. Ads are really a pain in the a**. Sometimes, it freezes the software when the ads need to be refreshed or at the startup or relaunching which is basically due to the refreshing of ads.
In this tutorial, we’ll see how to disable/remove ads from uTorrent and BitTorrent clients.
Steps to Remove Ads From uTorrent and BitTorrent
- Open uTorrent/BitTorrent and click on Options → Preferences
- Click on Advanced tab
- After clicking on the Advanced tab, on the right side, you will see a screen. At the top right, there will be a blank space where it is written ‘Filter’
- Type the following lines in the space provided (near the filter)
Double click on the result to set the value to False. Or Alternatively, you can set to false by changing the value to false using the button provided at the bottom.
- Type the following lines one by one and set each of them to false repeating the procedure above. Some of them will be already set to false, while some of them will be set to True. You will have to change that to false.
gui.show_plus_upsell sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled bt.enable_pulse gui.show_notorrents_node offers.content_offer_autoexec
- After setting the last entry to False, click on Ok. Your settings will be saved and now it is time to close uTorrent/BitTorrent and restart the application.
- Click on File → Exit to close the application. Make sure that the application is closed. Take a look at the system tray to confirm the program is actually closed.
- Double click on the uTorrent/BitTorrent application and run.
- [Optional] One last step is to turn off the automatic updates if needed. If the updates had reset the values of the parameters what we have changed now, ads will start to show again. If you encounter such a situation, you can repeat the above procedures again and then Turn Off the automatic updates.
By following the above procedure to remove uTorrent/BitTorrent ads, you will notice that there are no ads and the speed of the application has significantly increased. Removing the ads from uTorrent/BitTorrent will also stop the freezing of application that